Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúa utilizando este sitio asumiremos que está de acuerdo.
 
×

La Cónsula Gardens

Diputación de Málaga

La Cónsula Gardens

Of great decorative value, its stylistic concept combines elements that also feature in the nearby Finca El Retiro. Its botanical species are of immense importance in terms of both their antiquity and their characteristics alike.

La Consula is a botanical garden with an area of 12.5 hectares located in the district of Churriana (Malaga), along the road to Alhaurin de la Torre. The garden is full of tropical and subtropical species. Structured according to the French concept of parterres and symmetries, the garden consists mostly of tropical and subtropical species arranged along a central axis started at the roundabout in front of the main house.

Includes ponds, gazebos with fountains, and bandstand coated shells as a grotto. Collect a total of 700 specimens of 100 species, including trichocalix Romneya, Romneya coulteri, Cycas revoluta, and a large grove of tropical species, palm trees, yuccas, pine and jacaranda. At its inception in the eighteenth century it was a working farm known as San Rafael, which after passing through various owners lies in the hands of Mr. Juan Rus Kupckovius, Prussian consul from Germany (hence the current name of the farm, La Consula).

In 1807 this businessman and diplomat, owner of the trading house Lambrecht, Rus and Company, began the construction of the house and the garden in front of the mansion. But the heyday of The Cónsula arises when Senator Mr..Enrique Livermoore Heredia, son of industrialist Manuel Agustîn Heredia, took ownership in 1856. He was responsible for planting exotic plant species in the garden of the farm, which coincide with those of Finca La Concepción, owned at the time by his sister Amalia Heredia Livermore.

This property was later in the hands of wealthy North American couple formed by Bill and Annie Deivis. In 1993 the city of Malaga and the Andalusian Government agree to convert the farm house at the headquarters of the Malaga Hotel School and in 1997 was assigned to the Municipal Botanical Board.

Location

Located in the district of Churriana (Malaga), along the road to Alhaurin de la Torre.

Origin

MrJuan Roz, Prussian consul from Germany, was the owner in the 19th century.

Structure

The garden is full of tropical and subtropical species. Structured according to the French concept of parterres and symmetries, the garden consists mostly of tropical and subtropical species arranged along a central axis started at the roundabout in front of the main house.

Includes ponds, gazebos with fountains, and bandstand coated shells as a grotto. Collect a total of 700 specimens of 100 species, including trichocalix Romneya, Romneya coulteri, Cycas revoluta, and a large grove of tropical species, palm trees, yuccas, pine and jacaranda.

Gardens
Ctra. de Coín, Zip Code 29140