This lovely park is on the site of the Convento de San Sebastián from the XVIth century. It was later called San Agustîn and was the place where the wealthy people from the town were buried. The convent disappeared almost completely (the main chapel caved in), when it was hit by an earthquake on 9th October 1680. However, with the pass of time what was left standing also fell down. The little bit remaining was auctioned off in 1843 during the Desamortización de Mendizábal (the selling off of all the church’s buildings)
Today, this is one of the most typical parks in all of Coin and one of its most interesting aspects is the presence of some century-old trees that were originally from India. There are also small pretty gardens within the park as well as an important monument in honour of those who lost their lives in the Spanish Civil War.