Mountain Bike Trail (MB) around the Reservoir and Valholgado in Villanueva de Tapia
Villanueva de Tapia is at the place where the towns of Málaga, Granada and Córdoba meet. Close to its centre, there is the spot called 'Trifinio' where these three provinces meet. Thanks to the fact it is placed in the centre of Andalusia, Villanueva de Tapia embraces some of the most important natural beauty spots, as well as tourist monuments and attractions in Loja, Iznájar and Archidona. You can decide on your own whether to have a pleasant hike or ride to these nature sites.
• Town at the Beginning of the Trail: Villanueva de Tapia
• Trail Type: Local
• Start / End: Plaza de España (square)
• Distance (m): 35,509
• Trail Conditions: Good
• Surface Type:
- Dirt track: 31,292 m (88.12%)
- Asphalt road: 4,217 m (11.88%)
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude (m): 430 - 730
• Net Elevation (m): 300
• Cumulative Elevation Gain (m): 770
• Cumulative Elevation Loss (m): 770
• Springs and Fountains: None
• Landmarks: Cerezo Stream, El Conde Fountain, Las Chozas, Iznájar Reservoir, Ventorros de Balerma, Oak Forest in Valholgado, Entreicho Viewpoint.
• Recommended Season for the Visit: Throughout the year.
• Protected Areas along the Way: None
• Signs: Not Signposted.