Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas nuestra política de cookies.

×

Cañete la Real

Diputación de Málaga
  • Image

    An Arabic castle begun in the 9th century and completed in the 16th century. This great fortress was one of the most important during the Humar Bem Hafsum uprising and the Christian and Granada wars....

    Image

    A 17th century (1624) Franciscan convent notable for its plasterwork. Currently used as an Exhibition Hall. This church was built in houses owned by Don Fernando Enriquez de Ribera and Giron, Duke...

Cañete la Real is another town in the Guadalteba region that is home to over one hundred archaeological remains and half a dozen buildings constructed between the 15th and 18th centuries. The fortress of Hins Cannit, after which the town is named, is currently being rebuilt and will soon have been completely restored. The town centre is also home to two defence towers known as Priego and La Ortegícar.

Links of interest

Escudo de Cañete la Real
Town Hall
Plaza de la Paz, 1, 29340 
952183001
952183224
Areas
Area Guadalteba