Esta web utiliza cookies para obtener datos anónimos de acceso. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas nuestra política de cookies.

×

Estepona

Diputación de Málaga
  • Image

    This cultural venue reflects the area’s customs through a curious exhibition of farming and fishing utensils, as well as housing a priceless collection of 2,000 instruments depicting the way...

    Image

    An old fortress dating back to the period of the reconquest, built on the orders of Queen Isabel, “La Católica”, in the early 16th century with the aim of reinforcing the walls of the town and...

  • Punta de la Plata Beach belongs to Estepona. It lies to the east of la Rada beach, which is considered to be the most representative of the district. There are a large number of holiday resorts in...

    Image

    Protected Area : not included Watershed : Mediterranean Catchment Area Main Watercourse :  Río Padrón Municipality : Estepona Coordinates : x: 307977 / y: 4039096 / z: 112 m...

    El Saladillo Beach is 13 kilometres from Estepona, heading east. The beach is a long stretch of 3 kilometres, 35 metres wide. Although there is no promenade, the beach gets fairly busy. It is...

  • Image

    As is the case along practically the whole of the Málaga coast, Estepona’s history is heavily marked by the presence of the Phoenicians, Romans and Arabs. The town was founded during...

  • Image

    Valle Romano Golf, in Estepona, is an outstanding 18-hole course, fitted out to play host to the most demanding and prestigious tournaments. Its design guarantees the enjoyment of amateur golfers,...

    Image

    Gardening and landscaping are gorgeous and very enjoyable in The Resina Golf Club, as fairways run between lakes and tropical gardens. It is considered one of the best 9 holes, par 3 and 4, of the...

The archaeological deposits of the ancient Roman Villa the Towers in Estepona is known since 1915 for the work of Martinez Oppelt. In 1929 Perez Barrada conducted research more systematically, partially published, which confirm the existence of structures of Roman room between the late second and early third century. Later, various surveys conducted in 1990 demonstrate its reuse as a necropolis.

These archaeological remains were related by scholars at first with the Roman town of Cilniana, and later (in the decade of the 80) with the Roman town of Salduba (also mentioned in various Latin sources). Both locations were already discussed by various authors from the so called Spanish Golden Age.

Given the diversity of opinions, several archaeological researchs were developed in 1997 in order to identify the entity, the nature and the extent of the remains.

Links of interest

Escudo de Estepona
Town Hall
Plaza Blas Infante, 1, 29680 
952801100
952793977
Areas