Motorcycle tour round the Province of Malaga. Stage 2: The Sierra Norte (Northern Mountains)
This second stage starts in Axarquía and goes deep inside the Northern Málaga Mountains (Sierra Norte de Málaga). It is 193 km long and goes through 8 municipalities. This area is at the privileged place, between the Province of Granada and Córdoba, and it links them with Seville. The characteristic features of the zone are olive trees and meadows. Moreover, holm oak forests share the ground with cereal fields. There are four parts of this route that allow blissful visit to all the towns and villages and a joyful ride through the countryside.
RECOMMENDED HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS
• Hotel: Cortijo La Cañada del Sacristán (La Cañada de Sacristán Country House), Villanueva del Rosario (Unique Establishment)
• Restaurants: Lunch – Escua Restaurant, Archidona. Dinner – Cortijo La Cañada del Sacristán Restaurant, Villanueva del Rosario, (call in advance to choose the set meal).
• Fuente de los cien caños (the Fountain of Hundred Spouts), (Unique Corner)
• Pantano de Iznájar (Iznájar Reservoir)
• Panoramic view: Peña del Indio (Indian Rock or Lovers’ Rock)
• Ochavada Square in Archidona
• The Viewpoint of Cerro de la Virgen de Gracia (Our Lady of Grace Hill)
• Centre for Mozarabic Culture.
This project was developed in cooperation with Iberian Coast Route Ltd under the name of ‘Málaga Countryside Rider Tour’.
The beginning of the route consists of 9 stages, which go through all the towns and villages in the Province of Málaga. It is 1, 700 km long and covers more than 70 municipalities. Depending on the progress of the project, it is more than probable that there will be open another part which will go through many other municipalities. The route can be ridden in parts, each stage separately, or the entire at once for a period of 9 days. In the latter case, the way goes from the Mountains of Málaga to Málaga City. It is not necessary to visit the recommended hotels or restaurants and try their dishes if you do not wish so. You can go along the route on your own or follow the ‘guided tour’ with previous booking of hotels, restaurants or activities. In the latter case, or if you would like to have the roadbooks (ride guides) with details, please get in touch with: