Church of Our Lady of los Remedios, Ardales
The village of Ardales was finally conquered in 1453 or 1454 by Castilian troops and then handed over by the King Juan 2nd to the Lord of Teba, Don Juan Ramirez de Guzman, who promoted the construction of a Mudejar style church at the latter part of the 15th century. It was in very bad condition at the end of the 18th century and in 1720 it was rebuilt taking care not to damage the original Mudejar interior decoration. The new church was very alike many Sevillian churches of the era. This was because since the reconquest Ardales no longer belonged to the diocese of Malaga, but was passed over to the supervision of Seville. In the 19th century the church underwent remodelling work again, but the its exterior and interior remained in tact. The church is situated next to the medieval fortress of Ardales.