The Secretary General of the Provincial Council comprises (in addition to the Secretary) the administrative units of the department of Records, the General Registry, and the Secretary of Autonomous Entities. Its carries out attestation and counselling functions which are entrusted to it by law, to enable the Council to function effectively. Its functions include:
- Registering documents, after prior inspection, so they can be sent off to the relevant administrative unit.
- Informing those concerned of the processing of administrative files.
- Registering outgoing documents.
- Registering bids and applications to participate in competitions for construction, services and supply contracts, as well as job offers.
2. Preparing files which need to be seen and resolved by the President, Deputy Delegates, Governing Board, Plenary and Independent agencies. Specific duties include:
- Emitting reports regarding all issues the Plenary Council should be aware of.
- The preparation of all agreements adopted by the Governing Board and Plenary Council; ordering that the President’s and Depute Delegates’ resolutions be effected.
- The communication of all resolutions adopted by government agencies to all areas of operation.
- Preparing and sending extracts of all the resolutions adopted by the governing entities of the Council, so that these resolutions can be published in the Official Bulletin of the Province.
4. The emission of certifications of documents kept in the Council. Copies of external documents which should be received by the Council are certified as genuine after being compared with the original documents.
5. The safekeeping and preparation of proposals and Books of Acts, including Plenary Council and Governing Board agreements and resolutions made by the President or deputy delegates. The Secretary General also prepares the Books, which include resolutions of the Reporting Committees and the verbatim interventions of the deputies in plenary sessions.
6. The drafting of the Annual Report, which stipulates the main activities carried out by the different departments of the Council.